AIED Conference: Hosting Future Conferences
The International Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED) Society invites expressions of interest to organize the forthcoming editions of the AIED conference. Please send your bids to host an AIED conference in the following years (2025 or 2026) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2023. Use the following subject for the e-mail: “Bidding for AIED ‘yyyy’ at ‘place’” where ‘yyyy’ is the year and ‘place’ is the location (e.g. for AIED 2024 would have been: “Bidding for AIED 2024 at Recife”.
AIED Conference Details
AIED is a longstanding series of international conferences for high quality research in intelligent systems and cognitive science for educational computing applications. The AIED conference is held in June or July, and is run by the International AIED Society. The conference provides opportunities for the cross-fertilization of approaches, techniques and ideas from the many fields that comprise AIED, including computer science, cognitive and learning sciences, data mining and other AI techniques, education, game design, psychology, sociology, linguistics, as well as domain-specific areas. In addition to research papers and posters, the conference includes industry track, practitioner track, interactive events, doctoral consortium, as well as several affiliated workshops and tutorials.
To allow flexibility and to reduce the conference's carbon footprint, a hybrid mode of delivery and co-location with cognate international or regional events is highly encouraged.
Information about the most recent past AIED conferences is available at https://iaied.org/conferences
Bids to host the next editions of AIED should include:
- Organization: information about the host organization (including experience in conference organization as well as previous participation in AIED conference), local organization committee (short bios of key people), professional organizers (if used, justify the need and experience).
- Impact on Local AIED Community: explain how the conference aims to attract and grow the national and regional AIED community and which AIED initiatives already exist in the area. Conference details: specify which year are you bidding for (2025, 2026, or both), proposed dates to run the conference (specifying flexibility in the time slot suggested).
- Related Activities: identify potential links with national/regional activities, co-location with cognate international events (e.g., IAALDE societies), foster links with project meetings or grant meetings, etc.
- Venue: conference venue (rooms, facilities), accommodation (include options for student accommodation as appropriate), catering, social program, etc.
- Budget: split of the local organization costs, expected registration fees and other foreseen incomes; consider separate registration fees for in-person and online attendance; include separate fees for PhD students or people from developing countries. Provide a Google Sheet or similar with multiple potential scenarios depending on the number of expected participants
- Sponsorship: give details on the possibility of attracting external funding, including a list of potential sponsors to approach or already agreed.
- Risk Mitigation: list possible risks and restrictions (e.g. visa, hybrid model, travel convenience, attracting attendance, budget) and describe risk mitigating actions. Risks should always include human rights and possible travel risks for people from certain groups - everyone should feel safe to attend the conference.
- Settings: description of the conference place/town, travel information.
- Accommodation: hotel types, costs, travel means/times from hotel to conference venue
- Additional Information: photographs of the venue and place, sponsorship confirmation, visa information, etc.
- Contact: main contact for the bid
We encourage bids and expressions of interest to host the conference from broad geographic regions, including Asia-Pacific (inclusive of Australia/NZ), South America, North America, Africa, and Europe. Note that we try to annually diversify the location of the conference, so please review the most recent previous locations:
- 2024 - South America (Brazil)
- 2023 - Asia (Japan)
- 2022 - Europe (UK)
- 2021 - online
- 2020 - online
- 2019 - North America (Chicago - USA)
- 2018 - Europe (UK)
- 2017 - Asia (China)
- 2016 - n/a (conference biannual until 2017)
- 2015 - Europe (Spain)
Submissions: Via email to email@example.com (subject: Bidding for AIED ‘yyyy’ at ‘place’)
Deadline: September 30, 2023