IJAIED Special Issues (2019-2020)
Current special issue opportunities include:
- Special Issue: THE FATE of AIED: Fairness, Accountability, Transparency, and Ethics (abstracts due: Jan 31, 2020; papers due: Mar 30, 2020)
- Fast Review Track: Journal submissions that follow defined deadlines for submission and review
- CFP for Special Issues: Proposals for future special issues in IJAIED
Details on these opportunties are below.
Fast Review Track Cycles
This track accepts IJAIED submissions that will be reviewed by predictable deadlines (e.g., similar to a conference). This track maintains rigorous journal reviewing, including revision cycles which lead to papers of the highest quality.
Compared to standard submissions, this track uses strict deadlines for paper submission and review common to peer-reviewed conference proceedings. The benefit to reviewers is the predictability of workload since they pre-commit to do reviews right after the submission deadline. For authors, the benefit is that we can achieve tighter decision cycles, while maintaining high quality reviews.
Fast track review submissions for 2018 have concluded, with these accepted articles also presented in the journal track of AIED 2019. The first cycle for 2019 is in progress.
Schedule for Fast Review Cycle 1 in 2019:
- Paper deadline: 1 May 2019
- Decision to authors: 15 July 2019
- Revised paper due: 15 Aug 2019
- Decision: 15 Sep, 2019
Authors of accepted papers from this cycle will be invited to present in the journal track of AIED 2020.
Call for Proposals - Special Issue Themes
We are now accepting proposals for new thematic special issues. The submission should include similar information to that shown below for recent special issues:
- Names of the proposed Guest Editors, their affiliations
- The title and brief description
- Rationale and motivation for the issue in terms of the importance and timeliness of the topic and how it relates to the scope and vision of IJAIED
- Planned timing of the process
- Additional details of the topics that will help indicate the scope of the special issue
- Overview of potential authors and the work they are doing in the area.
The following 2017-2018 thematic issues have closed for submissions and the submissions are under review. You can view these in the recent issues of the journal:
- 2017 Themed CFP: Beyond Cognitive, Beyond Classrooms, Beyond Positive
- Learning at Scale: What Works & Lessons Learned
- Generalized Intelligent Framework for Tutoring (GIFT): Creating a stable and flexible platform for innovations in AIED research